Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Farmers and ranchers require specialized insurance coverage to help provide financial protection from common perils. Having appropriate farm and ranch insurance can help your operation stay on track as you work toward meeting key financial goals.
Contact Lone Star Insurance Group in Lubbock, Texas, today to learn more about your options for farm and ranch insurance and get a quote.
What Is Farm and Ranch Insurance?
Farm and ranch insurance can help protect against the financial consequences of lost livestock, lost crops, liability claims and accidents.
It’s important to work with your agent to determine which policies best meet your farm or ranch’s needs. This crucial coverage can help with common accidents and incidents that threaten the financial stability of your operation.
What Does Farm Insurance Cover?
While each farm and ranch has individual insurance needs, your agent may recommend that you start by purchasing the following insurance coverage:
- Crop insurance reimburses you if your crops are damaged by weather, fires or other common hazards.
- Farm livestock insurance provides a settlement if your livestock dies.
- Tractor insurance provides coverage for your tractors and farm vehicles not covered by your other farm insurance policies.
- Farm dwelling insurance helps pay to repair or replace your home after a covered event if you live on your farm or ranch.
- Farm structures insurance helps pay to replace or repair your structures and buildings if they are destroyed or damaged in a covered event.
- Commercial auto insurance provides liability coverage after a covered accident resulting in third-party property damage or injuries. Your agent may also recommend comprehensive and collision coverage to help protect your property, depending on the value of your vehicles.
- Farm and ranch liability insurance helps cover your financial liability if someone is injured on your property.
- Umbrella insurance helps pay claims that exceed the liability limits of your other insurance policies.
- Workers’ compensation insurance helps pay medical bills and wage replacement if one of your workers is injured or becomes ill in a work-related incident or accident. Your agent can help you comply with your state’s rules about workers’ compensation insurance.
How Much Is Crop Insurance?
Crop insurance rates are set by the Federal Crop Insurance (FCIC). Premiums are consistent across the entire industry. Your agent can help you get a personalized quote for your rented or owned farmland.
How Much Is Crop Insurance Per Acre?
Crop insurance is priced per acre, but you must purchase insurance for all owned or rented crop acres inside the county. The crop insurance premiums are set using a formula:
Insured acres x per acre guarantee
Per acre guarantee is figured using the insured entity’s individual expected yield from previous years’ production and acreage.
How Crop Insurance Works
Crop insurance providers reimburse insured growers for losses incurred during the crop year. There are more than 100 insured commodities, including:
- Crops, such as soybeans, wheat and corn
- Crops not planted annually, such as apples or citrus
Insurance agents receive oversight and training from approved insurance providers (AIPs) to help you get the coverage you need to help protect your organization’s financial wellbeing with crop insurance.
Get Farm and Ranch Insurance Today
Farmers and ranchers face many common perils daily, and the right farm and ranch policy can help provide crucial financial protection. Your agent can help you determine which policies offer the best protection for farm and ranch operations.
Contact the agents at Lone Star Insurance Group to learn about your options for ranch insurance policies.